Monday, March 2, 2009

Fires and Smore's

Well, Friday night my family and some friends decided to go have some fun. Fun you say? Yes, we went hiking in the BLM (Government Lands) which has jagged rocks and boulders we can climb on. However, there is an area in this ravine we were hiking through that is perfect to have a fire in. It is surrounded by boulders all around that blocks the wind. So we decided to make a fire. Cook foil dinners and hotdogs (for the boys) and have a great time. I should tell you that the foil dinners were delicious and hit the spot.

However, you can't make a fire, have a great dinner and not have ooey gooey smore's. So we cooked smore's, got all messy and had a great time.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It really was a fun time and I would love to do it again. I'm really looking forward to camping over spring break.

Chelsi said...

We had a great time too. Why is it that food always tastes better when it is cooked over a fire?

Chelsi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard Meyer said...

Sounds like a great activity. I miss good times like that...I should make an effort to create one.