Thursday, June 11, 2009

FaceBook - Will it last?

I do not profess to be an avid blogger or internet guru that twitters. Yet I ask myself a simple question. Is Facebook a ninth wonder of the world or a fly-by-night company that will have its five minutes of fortune and fame and then be snuffed out like a flame? I personally hope it will succeed and live on for many years to come. Unlike the craze of MySpace, Facebook brings a little more substance to the party. It brings famlies, friends of years past, and new acquaintances together.

However, some of the applications (i.e. quizes, causes, posts, etc..) are worthless and for the most part a waste of time. Yet, I feel for some its a way to release the stress of the day. So if you haven't created a Facebook account then I would suggest you check it out and find people you have wondered what has happened in there life and you might just laugh.

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

I do wish though that there was a way to not be notified every time someone takes a stupid quiz or sends someone a drink. I also think ex-boyfriends and people you hated in high school should remember that you never really liked them or have a dark history with them and should not ask to be your friends. The only useful facebook quiz I can forsee would be one on "facebook tact" that covers such rules. And then, you could only be allowed to network on facebook if you passed with a satisfactory score.

Chelsi said...

AND!!!! (more thoughts on facebook now) it should be segregated between anyone younger than 18 and adults. I like to express my adult like thoughts and personality on facebook. But lately I have had my primary kids requesting to be my facebook friends and how do you turn them down without going to hell?